Σάββατο 30 Μαΐου 2015

SYNOPSIS-ANTIGONE-ELECTRA-THEATER


  NIKOS KOLESIS
               
   SYNOPSIS 
         
   TRILOGY OEDIPUS

   Theban Cycle
          

           
 ANTIGONE-ELECTRA
  Oedipus Cycles

          

  THEATER

1
Antigone and Electra, the heroines of mourning
forced by facts to live family disputes,
rivalries and violent murders with wild conclusion.
Antigone buries her brother Polynices
contrary to Creon, the city, and citizens,
while Electra gives the battle for her dead father Agamemnon.
She is against her mother Clytemnestra and her lover Aegisthus who killed the winner of Troy.
Both Antigone and Electra resist
with passion in the state violence and power,
resisting at the Tyrants.

Parallel and Same with the history
eternal different
reveal the opening.



                         ELECTRA

EDUCATOR
Lovely Orestes the famous Argos
there under are found Lykeios Agora, the temple of Hera,
and just beyond the palaces of Pelopidas.
Your sister Electra baby gave to escape
from Aegisthus hands when the black net of death killed
your father, fabulous Agamemnon
when he returned victorious from Troy.
You are the most faithful friend for this pay attention to the project, based on that sued Phoebus when I went to the oracle to ask him.
2
It's the perfect crime, without an army and
 chariots I will conquer Argos.
Foreigner you will enter in the palace and say that
Orestes is dead, tried to see what becames inside.
We will say that in this pitcher is my burnt body.
 ELECTRA
My mother Clytemnestra did the crime together
with her lover Aegisthus killed my father
divine Agamemnon just returned from Troy.
Uselessly I wait for appears Orestes and together
to take revenge for the murder of our father,
only Orestes can bring redemption.

                       OPENING

ANTIGONE

Life is the One and the Many
the Same and different, this and other.
time wants art of life to blooms.

ELECTRA

Time wants truth and freedom
to complete, to uncover the opening.


               ANTIGONE

My two beloved brothers, Eteocles
and Polynices killed outside the walls
Seven-gate city of Thebes. One Polynices remained
3
unburied and unlamented outside the walls of Thebes,
while the other Eteocles with orders of Creon
he was buried with all prices as it suits in king.
It is impossible Polynices to remain unburied,
they will eat the vultures, jackals, worms.
My beloved sister, lovely Antigone
these are contrary to the orders of Creon,
the laws of city and the wish of Thebans.
Ismene think a little, even sisters we have completely
opposite opinion, different characters.
Remember what found our father mythical Oedipus
and our mother divine Jocasta.
If you are afraid alone me I will continue the work,
alone I will bury the dead brother.

Eyewitnesses and hearsay
parallel and same with history
we reveal the difference,
The passage from one to another.

GUARDIAN
Creon someone buried Polynices
and made libations on the tomb,
despite the order that you gave.
Ignore the laws of city and the will of gods,
but we found who is the guilty.
CREON
They want to overthrow me
and to take the power.
GUARDIAN
Brave Creon
This is the daughter who buried the dead.
4
When she saw the grave began to lament
without delay we dashed above her
and we caught.
CREON
So it's like saying
speak you have the possibility
to defend yourself.
You know that the order is death
for anyone who disobeys and bury the dead.
ANTIGONE
From when the Laws of Gods
they are less than the laws of men.
You cannot order as god
after man you are a mortal.
CREON
Death awaits you for what you say and do.
ANTIGONE
Only Divine Justice defines life and death,
we are beings with free will
to do what we think proper, right.
CREON
Now you will know the true face of power.
You are a rebellious
put little mind do not put with the power,
you can not change the world.
ANTIGONE
Polynices my brother
could not to remain unburied and unlamented.
The corpse was thrown to earth,
to eat the birds and the beasts.
5


 CREON
The order is an order
although child of my sister
did not obey the Law,
I can not make any exception.
ANTIGONE
Laws are to change
the Citizens, societies form
their content depending on the conditions.
CREON
Death awaits for you that you say also
whatever sophistry and you think.
ANTIGONE
I have nothing to lose
beither riches nor kingdom.
I am free to say my opinion effortlessly
without any interest.
CREON
Little Antigone
but you do not understand that you are lead to death.
ANTIGONE
There is great glory
when you die for ideas and your beliefs.


                         ELECTRA

DANCE
RESIST IN THE POWER
RESIST IN THE POWER

CHRYSOTHEMIS
6
Our mother divine Clytemnestra
she saw a bad dream and frightened a lot.
Ordered me to go to the tomb of our father
and put libations.
ELECTRA
That killed Agamemnon
how can leave libations on his grave.
CLYTEMNESTRA
Unfairly you turn and say in the all city
that I am tyrannical, very hard and heartless.
You forget that killed my child Iphigenia
for the sake of Menelaus although he had two children
forget that Agamemnon
sacrificed my daughter to the gods.
ELECTRA
With your lover Aegisthus
you killed my father,
when triumphantly returned from Troy.
Unwillingly killed the deer of goddess Artemis,
and this from anger kept the fleet
asking from Agamemnon
to sacrifice his daughter Iphigenia.
CLYTEMNESTRA
I have great fear in the soul, I see bad dreams
for this left to make sacrifices,
so justly I govern Argos.
ELECTRA
Ah !!! The unfortunate what I hear
I live in the wild loneliness and she asks favors.
EDUCATOR
Mythical Queen Clytemnestra in Argos
I bring news for you and your husband Aegisthus.
7
CLYTEMNESTRA
Stranger you say who is the news
I am full of suspense.
EDUCATOR
Died your son Orestes
he died on foreign, exiled, fugitive.
ELECTRA
Ah !! Gods I lost my brother, my pride
I lost all hope for revenge.
CLYTEMNESTRA
When became this
I want to know in every detail the facts.
EDUCATOR
All blessed the son of Agamemnon, Orestes
In Delphic Games just started chariot
the charioteers after a few laps
they began to fall over each other,
filling the track with debris, cries, screams.
CLYTEMNESTRA
What became Orestes, what happened to my son Orestes.
EDUCATOR
The only ones left standing
was brave Orestes and wonderful Athenian.
On the climaxing of race  confused
the reins. The chariot overturned and Orestes
began to crawl from the fire horse on the track,
tied up deadly from them.
The body became unrecognizable, took the dead
and they took care of him burned the body.
Phokeans carried the ashes to be buried in Argos.
CLYTEMNESTRA
8
The death of my son means
that saved my life.
I do not know whether to rejoice or regret.
ELECTRA
Orestes -Orestes
my beloved brother death was merciless.
Now I need to bend the head
In the killers of our father.


                       ANTIGONE

CREON
My son Aimona
Antigone chose the dead,
you can not marry her.
Better to find another woman
correspond in your expectations.
AIMONAS
Venerable father Creon
I want to appear your worthy son
but I love her.
CREON
Antigone is a rebellious
choose the death.
AIMONAS
Father unfairly you decided
dying the unfortunate girl.
she buried his dead brother Polynices,
there is something more correct and honest
grooming the dead.
CREON
9
 Others were the orders
disobeyed the laws of the city,
He knew that the penalty was death
for anyone who did the opposite.
The decision was taken
this you will not marry.
AIMONAS
This time with your words
you put me a thousand knives.
CREON
Antigone
the critical moment arrived.
Are you ready to die?
you decided
how to put an end to your life.
ANTIGONE
My only I take the road of death,
my only I will go down to Hades, a living dead.
ALL TOGETHER
RESIST IN THE POWER
RESIST IN THE POWER

TIRESIAS
Proud Thebans
and you multimode Creon,
pay attention to the prophecies
of a blind old man.
CREON
Old Tiresias
became very strange lately,
let puzzles and spoke very clearly.
TIRESIAS
10
     Prudent Creon left to bury Polynices
do not play with the fire and death.
CREON
Polynices will not be buried in Thebes
he came with an army to conquer the city.
TIRESIAS
With difficulty keep myself not to speak.
learn how blood is paid with blood,
the dead with dead when unjustly you act.
Rebellious Antigone is in prison,
and a king is dead unburied.
Furies lurking in the corner
I hear lamentations and dirges.
CREON
In front of the town I could not accept anything.
I leave fast I release Antigone
does not happen no villain.
MESSENGER
Aimonas the son of Creon
was killed with his own hands,
he ended his life.
Unfortunate Antigone cried that she is innocent.
AIMONAS
Courage-courage
my Favorite Antigone
I will not leave you, we will die together.
ANTIGONE
The time has arrived
I will never be able to see again the sunlight.
OCHLOS -MILITARYMEN
Disobey the orders, you buried Polynices
death -death in Antigone.
11    
ELECTRA

CHRYSOTHEMIS
Electra our brother Orestes
he returned to Argos.
I saw funeral offerings in the tomb of his father,
Who other apart from Orestes
he did such something.
ELECTRA
Ah !! Sister our beloved brother
died on foreign, had ugly end.
Notify together to kill Aegisthus,
Orestes goes dead.
CHRYSOTHEMIS
Woman you small and weak
It is possible to put with the power.
ELECTRA
People-People
to see how my eyes grew
and became one from the crying.
ORESTES
Women from Argos
who is the Palace of King Aegisthus
that remains the queen Clytemnestra.
DANCE
What you see before you.
ELECTRA
Stranger why you came
what is your purpose.
ORESTES
I do not understand what you are saying,
what do you want to know.
12
   the container has inside the ash of Orestes.
ELECTRA
I want to keep in my hands
this holy shroud.
My beloved brother Orestes is dead
boy I left unlamented and untrimmed.
This time I die with my father
and my brother.
ORESTES
I can not bear another to see her unhappy,
that all, you are Electra,
my poor your passions end do not have.
Do not cry your dead brother
the ashes are false, are not Orestes,
he is alive.
ELECTRA
What else I will listen, that is
why you play with me.
ORESTES
He is the one that you see
here in front of you.
To see our father's ring
this should convince you.
 ELECTRA- RECOGNITION
Ah !! My soul
you came when I did not wait for you,
finally came
reached the revenge of  Atreides.
The black bitch Clytemnestra
together with her lover Aegisthus,
they killed Agamemnon.
ORESTES
13                    
watch Electra
do not hear us and overturned the plans.
ELECTRA
Orestes I am with you
I will make that you tell me
to achieve our objective.
 CLYTEMNESTRA
Aegisthus my husband
they slaughter my children.
My son Orestes I am your mother
pity you do not to have soul.
ELECTRA
When with your lover
you kill my father Agamemnon
you did not saddened at all.
ORESTES
Oh !!! gods
revenge of Atreides remains unfulfilled,
my Sister divine Electra
betrayed-betrayed.
The black bitch Clytemnestra will stay alive
and the unholy Tyrant Aegisthos
It rejoices the kingdom

ALL TOGETHER

THIS IS THE DEMOCRACY THE GREAT TIME
THIS IS THE STORY.
14


NIKOS KOLESIS