Δευτέρα 17 Μαρτίου 2014

SYNOPSIS OEDIPUS CYCLES- THEATER-OPERA-NOVEL

              SYNOPSIS 

         OEDIPUS CYCLES 

         THEATRE –OPERA-NOVEL

Began the Theban Cycles
Began the Circles of Oedipus ,
Oedipus Rex , Oedipus at Colonus ,
Antigone, Jocasta .
Started cycles of Oedipus B and Antigone  B
Completing the circles of posthumously,
Reveal the past - present and future
What we know and do not know.

PRIEST
Omniscient Oedipus we came to ask you
How to save the city .
Make your miracle as you did before
from bitch Sphinx .

OEDIPUS
Thebans rocked my soul
From the evil that  found us.

OEDIPUS -B
What I would not give to not hear
Those who I heard.
1







OEDIPUS 
Favorite Antigone 
In who country we reached now. 
In who country will accept your blind father. 
Ah! Daughter-my daughter 
Child unholy father 
Unfairly wander in Foreigner. 

DANCE 
Sang little Antigone 
Sang 

Blind Oedipus and his daughter Antigone arrived in Athens where the wretched  king  resorted suppliant in holy Kolonou, asking protection from the goddess. 
Theseus, the ruler of Athens protected the human. 
Who killed his father ,
He married his mother
And had children together.
2











Do not happen these terrible facts. 

Phoebus asked to leave the impurity that contaminated the  city, 
This who killed Laius when he went pilgrim 
In oracle of Delphi
Great Oedipus said  front in all that discovers 
The guilty. 
Rumors said that a wayfarer  killed Laius. 

OEDIPUS 
Cry the seer Tiresias 
To uncover the culprit 
To save the city. 

TEIRESIAS
I know the truth 
But I can not say 
Living great drama. 

OEDIPUS 
Speak testy old man 
someone you hide
Do not shout the guards. 

TEIRESIAS
3





Big Oedipus
You're the guilty
You killed Laius .

OEDIPUS
Tiresia careful what you say
will not regret that you are blind.

TEIRESIAS
Misfortune Oedipus
You are father and brother of your children
You are a man of your mother
Where did children with her.
You are the one who killed his father Laius
On the way to Delphi.

Then Oedipus accused Creon that he
Put  Tiresia say these nonsenses.

JOCASTA 
Well why you cry like little children
My husband and my brother fighting
As  roosters .

DANCE
What said the wise seer
4







It's awful and terrible .

JOCASTA
An oracle said that my husband
Will be killed by his son
That would make with me .
But Laios  was killed by robbers
in the  crossroads road for Phocis.
Once the child was born - we gave to a shepherd
To fly in Cithaeron,
After we tied up his legs  from ankles .

OEDIPUS
Once I heard that it should not have to hear .
I make what I should not make
The curses come true.

JOCASTA 
My husband you put  me in great concern
Ask what you want to know .

OEDIPUS
Was Killed  no one of the fray.

JOCASTA 
A servant who I sent him away after the murder.
5






OEDIPUS
Is a great need to see him .

When the shepherd came revealed to Oedipus
How he gave the baby to another shepherd
That took him and went to Corinth.
Growing Oedipus learned that an old oracle
said that he will kill his father ,
And will marry his mother.
For this he left Corinth and went to the oracle
Delphi to ask what makes.
In the crossroads road for  Phocida killed his father ,
Laius without knowing .

JOCASTA 
Together we will uncover the truth
Together in life and in death .
The child that I gave birth with Laio
We left him in Kitherona
Because we knew the Oracles .

OEDIPUS
I want to see the shepherd .
6










MESSENGER
Lovely king Oedipus
Learn how you're not  child of Polybos
And Merope.
Fearlessness you can  turn in Corinth
And take over the kingdom .
Your parents are not your parents
I myself gave I you in these newborn.
You are  a foster son .

OEDIPUS
How you found me .

MESSENGER
For my good luck I found you in Cithaeron,
I was shepherd and I kept flocks
I saved from certain death.
See toes of your kegs 
To understand.
It was drilled with hammers
For this they call Oedipus .
The shepherd gave you to me
He knows ,
He is a servant of Laius .
7







OEDIPUS 
Who Theban knows the shepherd 
I want to know 
Who is my generation. 

Jocasta entered convulsed in the house
Gone mad. 

DANCE 

king Oedipus 
Comes the shepherd. 

OEDIPUS 
Come you know  this old man. 
SERVANT 
I can not remember 
Who is my king. 

MESSENGER 
Together we watch the flocks in Kitherona 
And we had good company 
Remember me I gave you the baby. 

OEDIPUS 
Answered that he asked for the child. 
8







SERVANT 
Since I gave the child 
Dying every day. 
Yes I gave . 

OEDIPUS 
Who is the generation. 

SERVANT 
My King 
Your wife knows 
This gave the child. 
An old oracle said 
How this child 
will kill his parents. 
I gave him in  this shepherd 
To goes to another country 
And be saved. 

OEDIPUS 
My Light is the last time 
that I see you, 
I sink in deep darkness. 
Alas
What evil fate to haunt me.
9





I am a child and  killer
Those gave birth me,
I made wild murder without I know

Jocasta had pitiful end ,
In frenetic situation it entered in the palace shouting.

IOKASTI
Ali and tris Ali 
The mad, the bad mother
The bitch had children with my children ,
I had man and father of my children my son
Where was their brother .

Running walked into Oedipus , torn up like a wild beast.
In vain was looking to Jocasta his wife and mother.
He found the unfortunate fallen on the floor
With a sword nailed in the abdomen.
Just Oedipus saw Jocasta dead
stood and began to cry bitterly .
stood and began to hit
And curses shouting unintelligible words.
On his big madness
Plunged fingers into his eyes
And tore with his own hands .
10






Thrilled flew bulbs on the floor ,
River started running the blood
Bathing the whole said ecstatic.

OEDIPUS
Now I leave for the immense country of Darkness
No one might not
To touch me ,
Until I find the light - the Uncreated .
Better to die then
They cast me in Cithaeron .



                   ATHENS

CREON
Thebans will sent to the holy city of Athens
Ask from Oedipus ,
To go back to Thebes.
Alone it turns in Foreigner
Together with his daughter Antigone .

OEDIPUS
You're asking to go back to Thebes
Where they found me many trials
11








To confirm the oracle .
The city of Athens will conquer Thebes
Through cycles of  Eternal Return.
Eteocles and Polynices my children
They will  not get the power .
Quickly comes their celestial burial .
 I do not turn back
Here in Athens I will live happy
So commands cosmic justice.

DANCE
Started the cycle great time of Return
Began the war of chaotic Thebes 
And big time Athens.
Both sides of Same- currency.

OEDIPUS
One day they will avenge the stars
Comes total Catastrophe.

CREON
Nobody can not
live in the light,
Who will lead you.
12






OEDIPUS 
Antigone 
Antigone where are you. 

CREON
We will steal Antigone 
To  turn behind in Thebes.

OEDIPUS 
Terrible you can not 
make  this. 
You will have the same fate as me. 

CREON
Hold on Oedipus 
Never came out in good. 

THESEUS 
Nobody will hurt Oedipus 
He is protected from goddess Athena 
And mine. 

OEDIPUS 
Unintentionally I married my mother 
And had children with her. 
13







CREON
Thebes will decide for Oedipus 
And his children. 
Her people  commands what I make.

DANCE 
The age-old rivals 
Chaotic Thebes and Big Time Athens

OEDIPUS 
Eteocles and Polynices 
My two children  were killed 
front  the walls of seven-gate city of Thebes
Caused great hubris. 
The death of brotherly hand is unsaid. 

DANCE 
Uncreated Light of world 
Ιt pulled into the black hole of postmortem 
Much afflicted  Oedipus. 

ALL TOGETHER 
This is the democracy of the big time 
This is Story. 
14 


NIKOS KOLESIS